A dental implant is a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw or skull to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, bridge, denture, facial prosthesis or to act as an orthodontic anchor.
Dental implants are the best artificial teeth that you could have as it simulates both the visible part of the tooth (crown) and the root. It is also the least invasive as it does not affect any other teeth, and also stimulates the bone underneath to remain in perfect health.
We use mainly 2 types of implants…
- Straumann Implants From Switzerland The world’s No.1 Implant system.
- Bredent Blue Sky implant from Germany which has been awarded as clean implant from an International association.
All different types of implant therapy can be done for single tooth, multiple teeth or full mouth rehabilitation for loss of all teeth
Who Is A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
- The gums and teeth should be in a good health
- You should stop smoking a few weeks before the procedure
- A dental implant needs good bone density to offer good support
- You must follow good oral hygiene habits
- Have patience for getting dental implants in Ernakulam as it can take up to twelve months to complete fully
Why Are Teeth Missing?
If you wish to get dental implants in Vyttila, our dentist will analyse the reason for your missing tooth. If your gums are in good condition and you use to floss, mouthwash, and brush your teeth twice then, you are a candidate for dental implants.
Health of Jawbone
According to our dental implants doctors Vyttila, bone support is the first sign of being a good candidate for the procedure. A strong jaw supports the implants after installation. If the implant is not reinforced by a strong bone, it can get loose from chewing.
Dental Implant Procedure
The best dental implant doctor in Vyttila replaces the root of the missing tooth. The implant is made from surgical-grade titanium alloy. It is not a complex procedure and should be chosen for preventing bone loss in the jaw area. The implant is placed into the jawbone immediately after the loss of the tooth or after some time.
It is important to have enough bone in the area of missing teeth for implants to get attached. In case of insufficient bone, a bone grafting procedure is performed before placing the implant. Implants are being used increasingly for replacing certain types of bridges and removable partial dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants in Vyttila
- Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth as they are attached to the structure of the bone.
- Dental implants won’t impact the quality of your adjacent teeth, unlike bridges. Your natural teeth are left untouched.
- Dental implants in Ernakulam will enable you to speak again like before, eat comfortably, and remain confident.
- No more worries about displaced dentures and adhesives.
- The success rate of the procedure done by our best dental implants doctor in Vyttila is highly predictable.
What to Expect Post Dental Implant Procedure
- Avoid chewing hard food items from the side where you got the implant done.
- Avoid sipping on too hot or cold water and beverages.
- Take an OTC painkiller for managing pain and swelling.
- During the first 24 hours, you can apply ice at frequent intervals to the area.
- Stick to soft foods for the first 3-4 days.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene but avoid rigorous brushing, flossing, and rinsing around the implants.
When you follow instructions by a doctor, it speeds up the healing and ensures a successful implant.
If you wish to know about the cost of the procedure, connect with our dental implants doctors, Vyttila. They will guide you about the procedure and inform you about the cost, which depends on the implants being used.
To restore the lost tooth and improve the quality of your life, choose dental implants.